
In coming to HBS, I have learned many things -- some wonderful and some not so great. One of the things I have come to realize is that most anything that happens is somehow blamed on the U.S. by those who don't live here. Last week it was the global financial crisis -- today it was global warming. One of the most difficult challenges here has been to defend our country to those who disparage it.
But you know what? I love the United States of America. I love the stars and stripes and the purple mountain majesty of the Rockies, the rocky coast of the Pacific and the peaceful sandy shores of the gulf. I love that is snows in Denver and Vermont and that it doesn't in Miami. I love that every American over the age of eighteen has the privilege to vote in a democratic society and choose our country's leaders. I love that we have protected the home of the brave and the free and have used that same power to help others be both brave and free. I love the men and women I see on my flights that are in camo fatigues headed to unknown deserts so that I can go freely to my job -- one of my own choosing. I love that In God We Trust is printed on our money. I love the pledge of allegiance and the Star Spangled Banner. I love that I am free to worship anywhere I choose without fear. I love our history and I believe that we have hope and a future for generations to come.
So regardless of what I hear, and wherever this life leads me, I know that I am very fortunate to live in the greatest country in the world and the longest surviving democracy. God Bless America~
Blessings to all -- and I sure do miss you,
Love,
Dee Ann